Tips from Your NJ Toyota Dealer: Preparing Your Car for Winter
As icy winter winds replace crisp autumn breezes, people across the country are preparing themselves for winter. They're stocking up on warm clothes. They're making sure their home heats properly. They're taking all the precautions. However, it's important that you remember to prepare your car for the winter as well.
As a NJ Toyota dealer that cares about its customers, we don't want you, or your car, to suffer from the harsh conditions of winter. So, with that in mind, we put together a quick checklist that will help your car endure this year's upcoming winter months.
• Take your car to a mechanic to check the battery, antifreeze level, thermostat, heater, brakes, and defroster.
• Inspect the tread on your tires. If they appear worn, replace them. If not, you'll be slipping and sliding way all over the road. If you live in an area prone to lots of snow, put snow tires on your car for extra traction.
• Take a look around the outside of your car and make sure your lights, including your hazards, are working properly.
• Replace your windshield wiper fluid with one that's designed to continue spraying during freezing conditions.
• With that in mind, make sure you have wiper blades that can cut through snow and ice.
• Road salt can be your best and your worst friend. While it melts snow and ice, it can also cause damage to your car's paint job. Be sure to rinse your car off every once in a while, and don't forget a wash and a fresh coat of wax can go a long way.
In addition to preparing your car for driving in the winter conditions, be sure to prepare yourself for driving during the winter as well. We'd like to wish everyone a happy--and safe--holiday from your local NJ Toyota dealer.
Labels: NJ Toyota Dealer