How to Prepare Your Toyota for a NJ Winter
The past few winters have delivered some hard-hitting snowstorms to the New Jersey area. And while the snow-covered trees might look pretty, the snow-covered streets most certainly do not. From the mental to the physical obstacles, people struggle to drive in the snow, even if they’re driving a car as reliable as a Toyota.
So, as a Toyota dealer in NJ that cares about its customers, we want to help prepare you for this upcoming winter, which is expected to be just as, if not more, snowy than last year.
If you drive a Toyota in NJ, here are some helpful tips for preparing your car this winter.
• Take your car to your mechanic and have them check the battery, antifreeze level, thermostat, heater, brakes, and defroster.
• Check the tread on your tires. If the tread appears to be worn, replace them. And if you really don’t feel like taking any chances, you can exchange your tires for snow tires, which provide better traction and are designed to handle extreme winter driving conditions.
• Make sure all of your lights are working—headlights, taillights, brake lights, and, perhaps most importantly, your hazards.
• Switch your washer fluid for one that is designed to spray even in freezing conditions. Oftentimes, traditional wiper fluid will freeze, which can be dangerous if you need to use.
• With that in mind, you might also want to switch your wipers for ones with blades that cut through ice.
• Check the spray nozzles of your windshield washer system. They can easily become blocked by snow, ice, wax, and other debris. If you need to clear a blocked nozzle, use a needle or pin.
• While road salt, for the most part, is your friend during the winter, it can damage the paint of your car if it’s there long enough. Be sure to rinse your car off regularly, and, when you can, take it to get a full wash.
Labels: Toyota dealer NJ, Toyota NJ
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]