Is Your Vehicle's Air Conditioner Ready for Summer?
Your vehicle's air conditioner is undoubtedly a great thing, keeping you cool and relaxed while you drive. But if it suddenly goes out on a brutally hot summer day, it can make your commute miserable. As the summer days approach, it is especially important to ensure that your vehicle's air conditioning system is functioning properly.
Understanding Vehicle Air Conditioners
An air conditioning system is a standard feature in every new car that filters and cools the air and reduces the humidity. The system contains a few basic parts, including a compressor, an expansion valve, an evaporator, and a condenser. The compressor is the heart of your air conditioning system and is what cools the air.
Reasons Your Air Conditioner May Not Work
There are a few common reasons that your air conditioner may be blowing warm air or no air at all.
- You may have low Freon levels, which reduces the efficiency of the air conditioner
- Your air conditioner does put a load on your vehicle, which can cause it to overheat, resulting in a loss of cool air
- Your vehicle may also be experiencing a leak, which can be tricky to spot. Unlike other types of leaks (e.g. an oil leak), an air conditioner leak doesn't leave an obvious sign
- Another possibility is that your compressor may be worn out, which becomes more and more likely as time passes.
- There may also be an electrical problem with the wires, causing the system to shut itself down.
Many air conditioning problems are a result of insufficient maintenance; however, if you take your car to a certified mechanic, they will be able to spot and resolve the issue.
The Benefits of an Air Conditioner
Aside from the obvious benefit of keeping the inside of your car cool when it's hot and humid outside, an air conditioner also filters pollutants and airborne particles from your air, and provides an odor-free atmosphere inside your vehicle. Whether you want to show up to work looking fresh or you're trying to avoid the pollen outside, a working air conditioner is an essential part of your car.
It's important that your air conditioner is in functional condition during the summer for your comfort as well as health. If you think that your system may be experiencing problems, bring your vehicle in today. At Autoland, we not only specialize in new and used car sales in New Jersey, but our team of experienced service staff can identify and solve any maintenance issues.
Labels: Used Cars New Jersey
Thank you for information. I definitely agree with it. Thare was such problem as broken air conditioner in my car and it was terrible experience. I called for this guys http://myairmatics.com and they've helped me.
You make sense out of the most complex topics. local ac companies
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]