Take Care of Your Toyota This Summer: 5 Hot Summer Car Care Tips
With the approaching warm season, NJ residents no longer have to worry about waking up early to clean the snow off their car and crank up the defrost to let the ice melt away before heading into work. Although this may be a huge sigh of relief for many, keep in mind that your car does need protection from the approaching hot weather as well.
As your experienced Toyota NJ dealer, we're here to help you keep your car functioning properly. That's why we've provided these 5 tips to follow in the summer to keep your car running efficiently.
1. Take care of your battery - While hot days can take a lot out on us, they can also suck the energy right out of your car's battery. The rising hot temperatures can cause the battery fluid to evaporate, damaging the internal structure of the battery. And without a battery, you're left without a functioning car. If your battery is three years old or older, you should consider replacing it as soon as possible so your car doesn't die down on a scorching hot summer day.
2. Ensure your cooling system is functioning - Your cooling system affects your car's overall dependability and engine longevity. It's what works hard to prevent overheating to your engine and keep your engine and radiator at the right temperature. To keep your car operating at optimum levels, regular radiator flushing is important.
3. Confirm proper tire pressure - You've probably heard that in the winter, the air pressure in your tires decreases. As the temperature increases in the summer, the air in your tires expands. Be sure to check each tire carefully, taking note of the condition and inflation pressure. You want to make sure that your tires air pressure isn't maximized. Also, make sure that you rotate them every 6,000 miles.
4. Make sure your air conditioner is working - It's hot outside! Make sure you keep cool with a well-functioning air conditioner and be sure to fill it regularly with antifreeze. Additionally, to help your car stay cool when it's not in use, keep it parked in the shade, in your garage or under trees.
5. Keep up with periodic oil and filter changes - Since summer usually means more long distance road trips, it's important to keep up with oil and filter changes. Not only are these crucial to the functionality of your engine, but neglecting them can cause poor fuel economy.
The service staff at Autoland is here to ensure that your car is in top notch performance for when summer arrives.Contact us today for a checkup, maintenance or repairs!